Looking for a last-minute break? Try Queenstown.
TL;DR: What’s the deal with this flight sale?
Cheapest flight available:
$195 one-way (Gold Coast to Queenstown)
30 January – 28 March 2023
Feeling those post-Christmas holiday blues? Perhaps you want to start 2023 on a high with a trip to the adventure capital of the world.
Jetstar has just launched a Queenstown flight to cure all that wanderlust.
Flights are for February and March travel (between 31 January and 28 March to be exact) and prices start from $195 each way.
Specific non-stop fares are as follows:
- Gold Coast to Queenstown from $195 each way or $315 return
- Melbourne (Tullamarine) to Queenstown from $209 each way or $337 return
- Sydney to Queenstown from $209 each way or $343 return
If you’re travelling from elsewhere in Australia, connecting flights are available to make the most of this sale.
It’s available direct through Jetstar. However, we did a little searching and you can save as much as $22 on a roundtrip when booking through a comparison website.
For example, Gold Coast to Queenstown flights from 2 to 9 February costs $315 return through Jetstar.
On KAYAK, they’re available for $301 return.
Another option for frequent Jetstar flyers is to sign up to Club Jetstar. It costs $55 but can be used on this sale to bring down a Gold Coast to Queenstown fare to $295 return.
- Ready to book? Search and compare flights and prices now through KAYAK.
How do these fares compare?
SInce Jetstar is Australia’s only low-cost airline, you’ll be hard-pressed to find seats cheaper than these.
Right now Virgin Australia, which also offers budget-style seats, has return flights to Queenstown from $494 return from Melbourne.
Flights from Sydney start from $575 return and from Gold Coast from $676 return.
Similarly, these prices are for March dates.
This Jetstar New Zealand sale at a glance
- Okay flexibility: Jetstar no longer offers fee-free changes on domestic or international fares. If you feel your plans might change, you can add a Flex Bundle for a fee. Alternatively, if you are affected by COVID-19 in the lead-up to your flight, it may allow you to change your flight.
- Great airline: As far as low-cost carriers go, Jetstar is considered one of the best. Skytrax named it 1 of the 10 best low-cost airlines in the world at the 2022 World Airline Awards. Recently it was called out as 1 of the 10 safest low-cost airlines by AirlineRatings.com.
- Great travel time: Get to your holiday quick-smart with direct flights from Sydney, Melbourne and the Gold Coast.
- Good weather: These flights work amazingly for adventure enthusiasts. As it’s summer, you can spend your days skydiving, bungee jumping and jet boating. If you’re a snow enthusiast, you may wish to wait to see if sale fares crop up later as the season doesn’t start until June.
This Jetstar Queenstown sale ends at 9:59pm AEDT on 15 January, unless sold out.
Keep your travels on budget by checking out all the latest travel deals here or joining our Bargain Flight Finder Facebook group.
- Rachel Bilson’s 11 favorite travel essentials you need for your next vacation
- The 10 Best Travel Experiences in the U.S.
- Enjoy the Journey with the Best Travel Art Kits for Kids
- Best Travel Strollers 2022
- The Best Toiletry Bags for Keeping Your Travel Essentials Organized