By Derek Craddock
That’s according to the website FishingBooker.com, which released its top nine ice fishing destinations — and Tobin Lake came in at No. 2.
The No. 1 destination is Lake Nipissing in Ontario.
So how does the Resort Village of Tobin feel about the honour?
“It makes sense,” said Mayor Amy Shipley, who noted she first got word of the list through a social media post.
“I was surprised and thrilled to see that, but (it’s) totally believable because we have such awesome fishing here.”
“The majority of locals would always point to the lake when asked where the trophies hide,” FishingBooker said in its release.
Shipley said the timing of the release is perfect given the lake’s upcoming Drill Your Own Hole fishing tournament on the Saturday before Family Day.
“It’s great publicity to have that recognized,” Shipley added. “It’s great for the village and great for Tobin Lake.”
Here is the full list of the top nine ice fishing destinations:
- Lake Nipissing, Ont.
- Tobin Lake
- Cold Lake, Alta.
- Lake Erie, Ont.
- Lake of Two Mountains, Que.
- Lake Laberge, Yukon
- Bay of Quinte, Ont.
- Logan Lake, B.C.
- Great Slave Lake, N.W.T.
- A New Time-Travel App, Reviewed
- Travel insurers must address ‘misunderstanding’ over coverage – Consumer Intelligence
- Two Weeks Until Free Travel & Tourism Webinar Hosted By AMNY Travel & Tourism
- Luxury Travel Takes Off Again | Family Living
- Tourism leaders cite need for more business travel